[Blog] SingingFri, June 22, 2012
This week’s blog is all about the wonders of lip synching...
We all love singing, we wouldn’t be reading this on this blog if we didn’t. We love listening to people sing on the radio, we love going to karaoke bars we love getting our friends around to play We Sing and we love singing in the shower, anyone who denies that is a massive liar!
The difference among the things I just listed above is that we love singing but only the people on the radio get paid for doing it, they are the professionals, that’s why they’re famous and people buy their records and when we try it starts raining.
Different people’s skills lie in different places and the beauty of We Sing is that people can still have fun singing even when they aren’t perhaps that good at it, I know I’m awful. But my mother once told me that if you have fun doing something, then it shouldn’t matter how good you are at it, you should do it regardless, and I think she was right. Why should people tell us to stop singing just because it’s hurting their ears, we’re having fun aren’t we? Exactly.
But, sometimes people do stop doing the things they love because they don’t think they’re good enough to do them, and I think that is a tragedy. But have no fear We Singers, we can help them!
As ever, we’ve come up with a way out of it. Well, not so much come up with it, more told you about it and collated a few handy examples for you to take a look at and get excited about. It’s called Lip Synching and it’s the perfect get out clause. It’s a tricky one though, you’ve got to make sure that you’ve got the moves and the timing, the voice you don’t need but you can still feel like a pop star, so here’s our step by step list on how to do it, and a couple of how not to do its thrown in for good measure!
1. This one forgot that it’s not about the voice, the moves are there but he just got so excited that the moment overtook him and the voice just poppied out.
Lesson 1. Keep your concentration.
2. Now this one is just all wrong. No moves, no voice, no jazzy glittery background, no nothing. Oh dear.
3. This is it, Robert Downey Jnr is definitely getting the hang of it.
4. I’m not sure turning your entire summer catalogue into a lip sync really works but this group of girls think it does. It’s the song of the moment for lip syncing though, so you have to give them the nod for getting one trend right...
5. This, ladies and gentlemen, is lip syncing perfection. The cast are awesome, the brains behind it is a genius and she is one lucky lady. Enjoy.
Post commentCommenting is not available in this weblog entry.